Sunday, March 30, 2008

COLD & RAINY BUT SUN IS COMING




It has been a cold & rainy weekend. Since we need the rain it is truly hard to complain without feeling ungrateful for the rain. Speaking of being ungrateful - I have complained for a couple of weeks about being sick. It started as a cold & became bronchitis & laryngitis - then developed into pneumonia & then into double pneumonia. I have done my share of whining over feeling tired & being sick. I did share the bronchitis just ask Mark who has it too. After Mark's surgery & worrying about his health, I promised to be grateful & not complain but here I am complaining before he even gets his drains remove. I am grateful for his health including the
45 lbs he lost and will try to stop whining about feeling tired all the time. I am blessed with the most beautiful family who I love so much.

Last night I had the most horrifying dream & no it was not about Dale. It was about Dare & her family in a auto accident in DC. Dreams can be so real sometimes & hard to forget. Mark & I had been discussing the weather & Dare's anniversary trip to the Cherry Blossom Festival. I guess it was on my mind when I went to bed - even now I can not shake the oppressive feeling of plain old fear. It reminded me of what little control we have over life & death. I trust God in his choices for my life but where my family is concerned it is so hard to let go of that need for control. I want my family safe so drive carefully folks. Dare & her family are fine & I am sure had great fun.

The SUN part finally - Mark & I have been planning & discussing our trip to St Croix. We are so ready to go - NOW! June will be here soon & our 35th anniversary will be celebrated at the beach on the beautiful island of St Croix. I included some photos that we were looking at that we got from the resort in St Croix (Virgin Islands). It has the only underwater National Park. we will sleep, sail, shop, snorkel, sight see & maybe even scuba for Mark. The "S" seem to be the theme.
Rain or shine while there we will enjoy our trip. The rain is not likely there except in Rain Forest area.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I love your new webpage and I am so sorry that you have been sick but am glad that you are mending. Your trip to St. Croix looks heavenly and I know you will have a great time. It is so hard to give up control over your kids..I am not good at it either and am having to learn the hard way to put my total trust in the Lord where my family is concerned. Lets get together soon. I love you, Jean

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home