Thursday, March 20, 2008

WHAT A 10 DAYS!!

Dale is home for an 18 day leave from Iraq. It was great to see him safe & sound. Not the same as hearing he is safe. They took a trip - not the one they planned or wanted but better than no trip at all. Grammer & Papa kept the girls and loved to get to know them better. They are growing so fast & their personalities change all the time. Rebekah is out "artsy" one - she sings, dances & can discuss movies & books like an adult. Not bad for a 4 yr old. Leah is VERY independent. She talks when she wants to, snuggles when she wants to & naps when she wants. LOL
Rebekah looks just like her Mom & Leah looks exactly like her Dad (we have a play school picture to prove it - haha.

The last 2 days that we had the girls with us - Mark had to have surgery. It went from an in office procedure to a out patient hospital procedure with a local to an out patient with general anesthetic & ended with a 2 day stay after general anesthetic. Home with drains & other icky things. He is doing great after trying to scare me to death with a blood pressure spike in recovery. That was the longest
6 hours wait before the surgeon came out to say he was okay. Another 3 before, a room. Everyone around me was getting awful news & my imagination was running wild.
Glad to be home. A special thanks to Minnie for rescueing me & watching the girls, to Dare for rescueing Minnie (if you are not use to 2 little ones they can be tiring) & bringing her 3 little ones to play with the girls & to Racheal for offering to bring her 3 over & watch them. I love family. They are truly safety nets. I love you guys!!!!

On Sunday, Dale heads back to Iraq & it will be hard for his little family to let him go again to Iraq. December seems far away. Stacey & Richard came over the mountain to spend a day with them & left for a Bahama cruise. They drove so no missed cruise. We still hate that Shalene set up the cruise & the cruise line booked the flights so that they missed the cruise. El Stinko!!

We are still preparing for the Virgin Island vacation. Details are important - our resort condo is right on the beach, so if you step off the patio you are on the sand & a few feet from the beach. Father's Day is coming & the snorkel set at Target is great for Mark (it has feet flippers & a bag).

I miss everyone but enjoying the quiet too. Leah left me with an awful cold so I am off to the doctor. My chest is killing me.

I HAD COOL PICTURES BUT i CAN NOT GET THE TO LOAD - MAYBE LATER!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not a cold - bronchitis & laryngitis. Yeah for antibotics. I can not wait to feel better. Sorry Leah for blaming you!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Shalene said...

We are so glad you are here and and able to help with the girls. Hope that cold gets better soon! Miss you

5:31 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Jewel,

I know you had fun watching the girls...I wish you had called me on the phone...Emily will help out anytime you need her to...sorry we didn't hook up...my kids don't ever tell me anything..so if you left a message with them...I didn't get it. I am glad that Dale and Shalene got to have some time together and glad he was well. December is a long time off and I pray that he will be safe and secure until he returns home. I hope you are feeling better! Love, Jean

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home